Rsport partnered with ambassador, Jamie Twedt, in her journey to the Ironman World Championships in Kona this year. Jamie debuted the Rsport Hope Triathlon kit with her own custom graphics at the race. In honor of Jamie and her sister Dawn, Rsport will donate 10% of the proceeds from the Hope Triathlon Kit in her sister’s name to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance (OCRFA).
In 2013 as part of her quest to maintain a healthy lifestyle, Jamie added the sport of Triathlon and instantly fell in love with the sport. A year later she jumped into full Ironman distance in honor of her hero and sister, Dawn Twedt.
Dawn was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and together through Jamie’s Ironman distance races started raising money and awareness for the silent disease. “I always gave Dawn my medals after each of my races and she always inspired me to train harder and get faster.” Says Jamie.
Dawn lost her fight with ovarian cancer on April 9, 2017. In celebration of her sister’s life, to help in her healing and to raise funds for Women for Tri, Jamie has been given the opportunity to race at Kona later this year. Women for Tri work to remove the barriers and inspire more women to participate in the sport of triathlon at every level and distance. Click here For more information about Jamie’s fundraising for Women for Tri.
Athena's and Plus Size Triathletes take flight in your next triathlon with this Hope 1/2 zip Cycle/Tri Jersey. The devil is in the details:
- DWR coating to shed water on contact
- 50 UPF sun protection
- Snaps at hem attach to shorts and keep your jersey down and easy access for pitstops
- Incredibly light weight and breathable knit with the highest level of abrasion resistance on the market.
- Single back pocket with double entry depending on your need
- Stretch in every direction
- Locking zip, won't flap in the wind or water
- Reverse zipper facing to avoid chafing
- Welded armhole and neckline hems to streamline the finish and comfort
- Flatlock stitching to improve stretch, and decrease chafing